BARLEY LEGAL 4 PRELIMINARY INFORMATION
The Wootown Brewers are proud to announce the return of Barley Legal in 2014!
Barley Legal 4 is a BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competition. It is open to homebrewers worldwide.
Barley Legal 4 accepts all styles of beer, cider, and mead as recognized by the 2008 BJCP Style Guidelines.
♥ Saturday, February 1, 2014: Entry registration opens. Drop-off locations available.
♥ Saturday, February 15, 2014: Entry registration closes. Final entry deadline.
♥ Saturday, March 1, 2014: Competition judging
♥ Monday, March 10, 2014: Results announced
♥ Sunday, March 16, 2014: Scoresheets available
♥ Saturday, March 30, 2014: Prizes mailed out
Barley Legal requires that all entries to the competition meet the following requirements:
- This is a 3 bottle competition. All beers entered into the competition require 3 bottles. The first bottle will be used for the first round of judging. If you make it to best of show, the second bottle will be used then. If there is an error in cataloging or categorizing the beers, the third bottle serves as a reference bottle.
- All entries must be entered in a bottle. No cans, growlers, or other vessels are acceptable. Flip-top and swing-top bottles are allowed.
- All bottles must be between 10-22 ounces in volume for beer, and up to 750ml in volume for cider or mead.
- Raised lettering is OK.
- No commercial beers are allowed.
- All entries must adhere to the BJCP 2008 style guidelines.
- All entries must be entered under the names of all brewers who participated.
- Entries made in commercially-licensed facilities are ineligible.
- All entries must include a Bottle Identification Form downloaded from the BJCP web site. If you fail to provide one, the refunding of your entrance fee is at our discretion. Please make this easier on us :-)
- All entries for the Specialty Category must include the brewer's notes, including base style, or other applicable notes. Tell us what we're supposed to be tasting.
- The entry fee may be paid online, or it may be paid by attaching a check or money order (made payable to "The Wootown Brewers") to one of the bottles.
The list of drop-off locations will be verified for our 2014 competition
Awards will be given for first, second, and third place for each category (to be determined based on the numbers of entries in each style, etc.).
Competition organizers are currently in the process of soliciting local, regional, national, and international organizations for prizes.
Providing there are enough prizes/donations, we also plan to hold a raffle for judges during the judging session.
CALL TO ACTION
Get those brewpots brewing ASAP!